Answered By: Alicia Hopkins Last Updated: Oct 27, 2020 Views: 50
The most common way to access the ebooks and other electronic resources in our library's collection is by using the Quick Search bar on our homepage.
Here's step-by-step instructions on how to use Quick Search to find eBooks:
- Visit the Springfield College Library Services Homepage
- Type in the title of the eBook you are looking for or type in the topic you are looking for eBooks on. Hit enter to view results.
- Next, filter results to ONLY eBooks. On the left side of the screen, you will see a drop-down menu that says Format.
- Under Format, check the box next to "eBooks." You may have to click the More button to see the eBooks option.
- Make sure all other Format boxes are unchecked.
- All of your search results should now be eBooks.
Click the title to view the book’s Availability / Holdings information.
ebook records displaying an "Access Online" button will connect you to the full electronic version, which you can read anywhere with wireless internet.
The difference between books and ebooks in Quick Search
Print books will display a shelving location and a call number, which will help you locate the book in the library.
For example, Worlds of autism: across the spectrum of neurological difference (2013) by Davidson and Orsini is “Held by Springfield College, Library Services,” (meaning we own this book), and has two formats available:
- Electronic format: Access online (button)
- Print format: Library Services Book Stacks (shelving location) RC 553.A88 N48 2013 (call number)